Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get your team started.
Below are the 10 responsibilities of a captain. If you are unable or unwilling to fulfill these responsibilities, please do not start a team.
- Come out to your games every week (missing one here and there is okay).
- Manage and distribute shirts to your team.
- Manage all aspects of your game. This includes at a minimum: building a lineup (kicking order) for your team (in the case of kickball), keeping track of your score, ensuring you're fielding the proper number of players and they know where to go on the field, instructing them on how to play.
- Verifying that the people playing on your team are actually listed on your team (on the NAKID website).
- Sending out (at least) bi-weekly emails to your team(s) alerting them of team-only activities and NAKID-wide events. Encourage all teammates to sign up AND RSVP for NAKID events on our Meetup page.
- Sending out a weekly evite/invite to your team to each game.
- Rallying your team at the bar (in part to challenge other teams to flip cup).
- Organize 2-3 team happy hours in the season.
- Read, understand, and follow the rules for each sport for which you are a captain.
- Engage ALL of your teammates in the game and post-game activities. Do not exclude anyone.
As we roll out programming and operations changes throughout 2017, we will no longer be calling on our Captain's to take on additional duties and responsibilities for their leagues outside of managing their team's attendance and game rosters. We will be engaging all players equally in league updates and need-to-knows. NAKID Social Sports seeks to give all players a high level of engagement with the operations and activities of their leagues, no longer just Captains.
In addition, NAKID Social Sports seeks to provide responsive and friendly customer-service to all of our players. We are not able to automate refunds in our current registration platform and do not have the staff capacity to manually handle the number of refunds generated by the Captain's Refund program as it has existed in the past. We do not want to create a negative customer service experience by not being able to meet our administrative obligations as we focus in 2017 on the player experience at league night.
It's always nice to start out with a few friends. Generally, 5 or more is good, but not required.
Teams that are below the minimum number of players may be merged into another team, about 1-2 weeks prior to the start of the season.
Team t-shirts will be available at your first game. Captains will need to arrive a little early and pick them up.
Please email us at email@example.com to register an entire team.
We'll email you if games have to be cancelled. In that event, we all meet up at the bar at game time for happy hour specials. We do not reschedule rained out games.